Monday, June 18, 2012



When it is told that 'Better late than never',

How can I forget to write about those times, when you remain as the 'first man' of my life?
How can I forget the smiles that you made in me, by throwing me up in the air and catching back safe?
How can I forget the little me, who watched those good old movies lying on your lap?
How can I forget the motorbike rides, where you tagged me in the front of it like a princess?
How can I forget the veranda steps, where I sat waiting for hours to hear your motor cycle buzz?

How can I forget the special packets you brought for me in the evenings, whenever you returned home?
How can I forget the school uniforms, which you ironed for me just because you didn't want me to do it?
How can I forget the second show movies, where I cuddled upon your chest like a kitten?
How can I forget the times where you didn't allow me to get in kitchen, just because you had the fear of me burning
 my fingers and cutting my hands?

How can I forget the outings that you made for me on my study holidays, just because you wanted me to relax?
How can I forget the times where you called me out of study room, just because my favorite song was playing on television?
How can I forget the teenager days of my life, where you dropped me in school and waited hours together to pick me back from those tuition classes?
How can I forget the unplanned trips which you made for me all of a sudden, just because I was feeling bored?
How can I forget the sleeplessness, which  you had on that night before the day, I was leaving to hostel for the first time?
How can I forget the platforms, where you stood so keenly with me, till my train came and went out of your sight? 

How can I forget the college excursions, where you were too anxious to permit me and yet gave me just because it was my wish?
How can I forget the Sunday afternoons, where you drove me back all the way from home to hostel, just because I had too much of luggage?
How can I forget the text messages, which you sent me whenever I stepped away from you?
How can I forget the expressionless face of you, whenever you had to say me a Bye?
How can I forget the tea stalls and hotels, which we explored and stopped by, while going for those long drives?
How can I forget the lazy roads and mango trees, under which we stopped and searched for mangoes?

How can I forget the restaurants where you took me in, just because you felt it tasty and you didn't want me to miss?
How can I forget the smile of you, whenever mummy grumbled out that I am a 'daddy's girl'? 
How can I forget the times, when people asked you about my marriage and you gave a mild reply, “She is too young for it?”
How can I forget the support, which you gave to me whenever I was worried about my Research work?
How can I forget the Big day, on which you had to leave me to another man and you walked away with a lump on your heart?
How can I forget the bond, which I have with you when I am getting tears while writing this?
How can I forget the Father's Day, when I have a daddy, who has been taking care of me like an apple of his eye for the past 25 years?

I don't want to say you a 'Thank you'...
I don't want to say you an 'I love You' ....
I don't want to say you that 'You are the Best father',
Because we know that we are much above such Reassurances,
And we know nothing has changed and nothing will


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...