Saturday, July 28, 2012

Embracing It - My First Blogger Award

 
It is weekend and I am in wait for a spark , an idea to strike my head, stroke my heart , flow on my finger tips and evolve out . I never knew that it is as arduous as giving birth to a baby that I am undergoing all the labor pain to bring my baby out. To all those who ask, if there is any good news, my baby will be out soon within few months....a baby whose blood vessels and veins are fibered with my ink and words.. With so much of pain, with so much of pleasure, with so much of anxiety, with so much of expectations, this mother is  waiting for its fullest growth and to deliver.Yes... My Doctoral Thesis is going to be my First baby. It will happen, when it has to happen. Time will make it and I am all positive...

Sitting with my Research Thesis , while sipping a coffee accompanied by the cold weather, all that I can do is to smile a while because it feels great to know that someone has come to my blog and taken a look around. You know that feeling…I started my blog on October  2011 and I never knew, I could keep it running to this day. Getting readers, who experience and appreciate me for what I write, is truly a blessing. When they accept my writing, they are accepting me as a person, they are considering me as what I am and welcoming me as the girl, next door to their life. When I hear it from  you  that had experienced it and you could relate it to your life, I feel  I am somewhere at Home. It is already rewarding for me to get this much page views, comment and likes of my fellow Facebook readers. 


  And now,  for the first time when I have been nominated for Leibster Blog Award by Anupam Patra of Reflections.   As a blogger, this is one of the best gifts,, one could receive.  It is all the more precious to receive it from a talented writer like him. His, is one of those blogs, that inspires me a lot and it is a kind of exploration for me. I met him from Indiblogger and it is from there, I am realizing the power of networking. I remember it reading somewhere that, in a journey to become a great writer , relationships are what you all need. Making friends, finding readers and earning patrons is nothing lesser than a challenge. This is very important in growing the platform and getting the words, heard. 

Non-writers think we write because we’re sad. Because we have issues.  But we write to save ten-second lifetimes which would otherwise have gone unremembered. We write to capture the beauty of a moment or a sound or a face...I am so happy for my Leibster Award.. The word Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isnt it pretty interesting? I love it  totally.
 
Rules
This is an award for the bloggers to support other upcoming bloggers (with less than 200 followers). Leibster. The Liebster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. Award winners share 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who tagged them, come up with 11 of their own questions and tag 11 more bloggers with the award. 

    11 facts about ME
  1. I have grown old enough to be a girl of 25, but I am still young enough that I am only  25… 
  2. To all those who asks me, Why this madness, I always reply that, it is my madness that keeps up my sanity. 
  3.  am a dreamer in disguise of a PhD scholar with one  life and many moments 
  4. I am proud to be the one and only proud daughter 
  5. I wish to live my everyday differently. And yes, I do. 
  6. I like long drives, road side tea stalls and days out of the four walls. And sometimes, I love those four walls more than my best friend 
  7. I love long walks, never ending conversations, sleepless nights and replayed music 
  8. I believe in intuitions more than logic. I believe in magic and mystery 
  9. I enjoy, opening my mouth and wonder at those small things
  10. I am too much to be contained in only 11 facts 
  11. I breathe, I love, I smile            


     11 questions for me (given by Anupam)
    
      1] 'Checkered blue n white' or 'black'?     
         Black
     2] Curtains or no curtains?                     
        Curtains
     3] Hardcover, paperback or ebooks?    
        Paperback
     4] What's your ambiance while writing?   
        Night, Dim light and silence
      5] Do you plan to publish a novel?       
         Yes...I do
      6] Do you like to make a gift for your loved one or do you rather buy? 
          I would buy
      7] Which is the most beautiful color according to you? 
           The ultimate BLACK (the color of Kajal, Crow and Night
      8] What’s your mantra in life? 
         Live life today, this moment, now 
         Because we need one more sunset and one  sunrise to reach Tomorrow
      9] Have you ever thought of becoming a soldier in your life? 
           No
     10] Do you have stage fear?
           Yes, for those initial ten seconds  and then, the stage will be mine
     11] ‘Mickey mouse/ Aladin/Duck Tales’ or ‘ Shin Chan/ Doraemon/ Kitretsu’?  
            I would prefer  Mickey mouse

    11 questions I want to ask
  1. Yet to grow up or Grown up? 
  2. Forbidden fruit- is tasty  or bitter? 
  3. Fantasies or Real? 
  4. Most prized possession? 
  5. Person who most influenced the way you are? 
  6. First thing that attracts you to others? 
  7. Ever been ditched by a guy or girl? 
  8. If you are writing a book about yourself, what would you like the last lines to be? 
  9. Premeditated or Spontaneous? 
  10. If you had only six months left to live, what would you do with the time? 
  11. Rate your blog out of 5
 I have nominated the award further to 11 bloggers who deserve it and informed them individually....

 P.S :    I am listening to this right now.... Hence, Love is not supposed to be contained. It is meant to be shared. Now go and tell them how much they mean to you. Breathe. Smile. Love....Happy Weekend Guys... :-)



9 comments:

  1. Interesting post Ashitha. Enjoyed reading it. Congrats for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ashitha. Hope your find love in all means possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jovy Thomas - Thank u so much chechi for stopping by. I am happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anupam - Thank u so much Anupam for ur support :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hearty congrats ashitha :-)..and thanks for the tag! you got a great future..my wishes and support are with you always..keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gautham, thank u so much. Happy to tag you. You deserve it. Waiting to see it on ur blog...Gud luck! :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats Ashitha..!!

    And thanks for tagging me! That would certainly help me overcome the writer's block am facing lately!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u so much Cartic. Not seeing any of ur updates...What happened? Waiting to read from u..Take my award and keep writing :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations Ashitha.
    Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...